Saturday, June 10, 2017

In Honor Of Taylor Swift Being Back On Spotify, Ranking Her Top 10 Songs

Spotify users such as myself anticipate the end of every week not just because it means the weekend is here, but because of the services' "New Music Friday" playlist. You get the best drops of the week and anything else that comes out on Friday in  one place for you to judge and add to your various collections and playlists as you like. 

But Taylor Swift adding her collection back to Spotify, and other streaming services, over the weekend is bigger than any new releases. 

I've long been a Taylor Swift guy. Frankly, I believe that if you're a guy who can't admit she puts out heaters, you're wildly insecure and overcompensating for something. They guys who go, "What? Taylor Swift? That's gay bro! That's chick shit dude!" Shut up and listen to her make those guitar strings hum and her voice take you to a happier place you meathead.

Now we know she has a vast library and bangers upon bangers, so which ones reign supreme? Glad you asked.

Honorable Mentions: Blank Space, Love Story, Red, Mean, Wildest Dreams, Thug Story feat. T-Pain

10. Shake It Off-1989
The lead single from 1989, Shake It Off was EVERYWHERE. And with good reason. As is the case with any T-Swift jam, it's catchy as all hell. Shake It Off has an upbeat tempo, and that video is entertaining for the weirdest reasons. 

9. All You Had To Do Was Stay-1989
A sneaky entry. I might have you top in arms over this being part of the list over some classics, but this is such a good song. That chorus especially is phenomenal. 

8. I Knew You Were Trouble-Red
I still remember when this song dropped. I looked at Twitter and everyone basically had the same reaction: "Is this Taylor Swift on an EDM song? Is she singing over dubstep? What is happening?" I Knew You Were Trouble was her first major departure from country and country-pop, and it was a smashing success.

7. You Belong With Me-Fearless
The music video for this song is as iconic as they come. It's been replicated in the likes of Family Guy, viewed over 720 million times on YouTube and firmly established early-Tay as a Girl Next Door type that just wanted to be noticed. You had my attention, Taylor. Then, now, forever.

6. Our Song-Taylor Swift
I guess having a song is a thing couples do (please factcheck this), so Taylor Swift literally made a song called Our Song. Genius. It almost depicts a Romeo and Juliet type of relationship, where two lovers are sneaking out and talking late on the phone and all that. Possibly problematic, but fire nonetheless.

5. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together-Red
Break up songs are where Taylor Swift makes her bread. She might get into relationships just so she can catch feelings and be left heartbroken, knowing she's about to secure the bag. We are never ever ever, getting back together! You know you wanna sing along.

4. Bad Blood Remix feat. Kendrick Lamar-1989
Specifically has to be the Kendrick remix. These two on the same song, good lord have mercy. Kendrick, in my opinion, actually goes to work on this song AND sticks to a Taylor "Salty And Thowing Shade" blueprint. 

3. 22-Red
People wait their whole lives now to turn 22 JUST because of this song. And I can see why. Just yelling "HEY! I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22!" is a boatload of fun.

2. Style-1989
My absolute favorite song on 1989, which is my favorite Swift album. The intro guitar, the pace of it, her voice, everything about this is perfect. It would be #1 if it wasn't for...

1. Mine-Speak Now
THIS is true perfection. The chorus is my favorite T-Swift chorus of all time. The beat is great as well, but that chorus (in combination with the beat) makes this song a complete fire flames track. If this isn;t your favorite Taylor Swift song, you are, in fact, wrong and not right. 

PS-It pained me to leave Blank Space off, but I couldn't bring myself to make this a top 11. Top 11's are ugly and I will never make them unless it's something like a Best 11 in soccer. That's a promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment