Thursday, May 31, 2018

Revs Update


It has very clearly been a while since I wrote a Revs recap. Since the last game I have been able to watch theres been a lot going on: graduation, the Celtics playoff run, being sad as a result of the Celtics being eliminated from the playoff run, and other such commitments. 

The three games I've missed have been a 1-0 home loss to Columbus which will never be spoken of again, and two draws: 3-3 at Vancouver and 1-1 at home with Atlanta last night. From what I was able to gather from Twitter in the draws, the offense was flowing in Canada and the defense was fairly solid at home. But the biggest takeaway has been Matt Turner. 


The kid is being lauded after a masterful performance against one of the best offenses in MLS last night, with Brad Friedel even throwing international call-up potential out there. I've been saying it for a while and I'll keep saying forever, Matt Turner needs to be an All-Star AT THE LEAST. He's tied for 4th in shots faced with 67, tied for 4th in saves made with 48, has a goals against average of 1.46, has saved one of two PKs and has a save percentage of nearly 72%. He's shown off impressive reaction time, parry skills and hands. He's made the difficult saves that would have done this team in in the past. An absolute revelation and the season is still only like half over. Incredible. 

So I'll try to get back to recaps this weekend. Never a promise but I'll give it a go. 

Sko Revs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment