Saturday, May 5, 2018

Should Wilfried Zahibo Be Striker? My Column:::,,


Look, I gotta come clean here from the jump. I did not watch todays match. I've been sick and also a college student so the 1PM kickoff crept up on me and I didn't make it. Hand up. That ones on me. I did follow on twitter though, so the following will be musings of a game consumed entirely through twitter.

First, I must say that I actually do hate that I missed todays match. Paul Mariner is in the UK being honored as part of the Ipswich Town team to win the FA Cup 40 years ago. In his place at color commentator was Charlie Davies. I really wanted to hear him call a game, man. Again, my bad.

Kelyn Rowe got back into the 18 after a few weeks off due to a leg injury. Other than that, the lineup was the same. The continuity I think has been a key part in how the team has looked. Now, early on Twitter tells me the game is very even, and that seemed apparent until the very end of the 1st half when Montreal opened the scoring.


  🤔 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

He also did it again.

The goal I mean, not the offsides.

Just making sure you got that.



And then they did it again.

The team I mean. Not the same guy, but rather the team in general within the context of scoring goals.

Just checking.

And then Ignacio Piatti, absent from the first meeting between these teams, made it 4.
Because when it rains, it shoots anvils onto your skull like a Bugs Bunny cartoon.

But these Revs are not ones to to just give up. Oh no sir. They are not doing that. They're gonna fight and claw until the list whistle blows. So Wilfried Zahibo went on a mission to show everyone watching just that.

Finds space and tucks it home. Beautiful.

Oh but Big Wilf wasn't done there.
That finish?! That kick?!?!

It wasn't a win, but they still showed fight. You'd obviously rather have a result to show for it but it's not a huge cause for concern at the moment. 

A few other notes:
-Shamnolic defending. Nothing more to say really. 

-The Swag Man left in the 34th minute with an injury and replace by Nemo (thats what I'm calling Nemeth now, pretty cool imo). Said the same thing with Rowe's injury, take all the time you need to be 100%. I hope its nothing major but be cautious, pleeeeease.

Man of the Match

The Brick Shit House himself, Wilfried Zahibo. Two goals is as good as it gets in this game for New England. This was also a very Smarf like outing. Poor to start and then wins you back over with that gritty attitude and coming up big at the end. 

Toronto at Gillette in one weeks time. *very lil pump voice* ESSSSKETIT


Revs 2-4 MTL

PS: There will be a Lee Nguyen blog very soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment