Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Revs Want Your Picks For This Season's Goal Songs

Pre-season kicking off officially with an actual tournament (Desert Diamond Cup), opening day on March 6th, home opener March 12th. It's almost Revs season. Just one bit of business to take care of. Goal song. They've used "The Boys Are Back" the past two season since it's state mandate the Dropkick Murphy's are a part of every professional sporting event in the New England region.
But they've opened up the polls for suggestions for this season. In all honesty, it'll be that song again, and I really don't mind. It seems to get the crowd going a little, and can be sung along with, which is big for goal songs. Get the crowd into and singing. But I may as well throw my suggestions out there as well...

Hey Now (Mean Muggin')-X-Zibit
We're turning Gillette Stadium into Stomp The Yard after every goal. Great beat, good chorus, able to sing along ("Heyyy now, heyyy now"). Gives us some street cred. Maybe even toss a sweet Pimp My Ride car in front of the Fort with hydraulics, really trick out our goals.

All I Do Is Win-DJ Khaled
Maybe have to use this for one player and player only. Do I even have to say it? 
All he does is Nguyen. (I hate myself for that)

Here Comes the Money-Shane O'Mac's Theme
Another player-specific choice. It'll only work if a certain someone re-signs for the amount he wants though...

Harder Than You Think (Instrumental)-Public Enemy
Great, unique beat. Elements of rock and rap in it. Good beat drop. Loud, boisterous. Fans can hum along. Wouldn't be a bad choice. 

Avicii
Literally any song. Wake Me Up, Levels, The Nights, etc. Good beats and drops to get the crowd going. 

 

Turbulence-Steve Aoki and Laidback Luke
Similar to Avicii in that it's an EDM/dance song. But it's faster paced, and just sounds more like celebratory goal song. Downside: It now reminds me of this Dutch airplane captain-looking fan from the World Cup in 2014. 


We Can't Stop-Miley Cyrus
Good lyrics for a home team. "This is our house, these are our rules. And we can't stop, and we won't stop." Fans can sing along, another good beat (notice a trend). If it seems a little too slow paced you can grab a faster paced remix to satisfy you. Downside, much like Turbulence: It reminds me of Miley Cyrus. 
Make it stop.

Can't Stop-Red Hot Chili Peppers
Following the trend of not being able to stop (scoring goals, see what I did there?). That initial guitar is perfect as a build. Fans can sing along. Another good option.

Trap Queen (Crankdat Remix)-Fetty Wap
The Bernie Sanders of the music world gets some tweaking and it becomes a great goal song. Catchy, can sing along, good beat and drop. Popular enough that the older fans and parents may have heard about it and can promptly ask the youth what exactly a trap queen is and why this man want's to bake pies with her. Song brings the energy, and that's exactly what you need. 

I Took A Pill In Ibiza (SeeB Remix)-Mike Posner

One of my favorite songs the past few months. The instrumental starting around 0:57 would be great to hear after goals. Though I could see people saying the tempo isn't quite there like we see with some other choices. I admit my bias though.

Hip Hop Hooray-Naughty By Nature
Fantastic old-school rap beat that I think a lot of people would know. Chorus is good for singing along, especially when it just goes "Heyyyy, hoooooo, heyyyyyy, hooooo". And then you have the arms waving back and forth at that part. That could be huge for a crowd. Make it all our own. Scare the opponents right back onto the bus.

Rick Ross Saying "Balling, Balling Like I Play For New England" A Bunch Of Times

From the song "Pop That" by French Montana. I really hope I don't need to explain this one to you...
Would also work as a lead in to any goal song, or end for that matter. God damn Revolution, involve this somehow. Ricky Rozay has blessed you with this line, don't be foolish.

And last but not least...

Pipe It Up-Migos


#TAILGATESZN

UPDATE: One I can't believe I forgot about. AC/DC, For Those About To Rock. It would be AWESOME after goals. Like I said above: good beat (it's slow but feels intense, gets you amped) and you can sing along. And then there's the fact they literally queue the Militia Men that fire muskets after every Revs goal with "FIRE!". So goddamn perfect I went right by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment